Those who know me, know that I google almost very thought I have. If I were of a different personality, more extroverted than introspective, I suppose this tendency would manifest itself with my being excessively chatty to get the input on thoughts that I seem to crave.
I recently looked at my Google search history and thought: How bizarre am I? The thought that followed that one was one of fear of exposure. I should clear my search history because if it were to somehow become public, I would be mortified…
Then again…since I find mortification amusing, I will do the opposite of deleting, and offer up my google history for your discernment, along with a brief justification for each search, and what I learned in each quest. Enjoy this insight at the expense of my ego and id.
Answer: Yes it can be, or it could be a large kale salad.
2. Cubs lose— As a Chicago native, I gave up on all sports decades ago. I was curious as to how close the Cubs came this time.
Answer: They got kind of close this time, but I still don’t care.
3. Costco store hours— Hungry for a large kale salad.
Answer: They close at 8:30pm, unfortunately I was able to buy a large kale salad before they closed.
4. Going grey naturally— Just curious, and frustrated with #5. Wondering if I’d feel too old if I gave up the battle…or bottle.
Answer: Some people look beautiful grey, I think I’d feel my age.
5. Hair color build up— The drudgery and travails of covering grey at home…
Answer: You can remove color build up with a kit.
6. Jack the Ripper walking tour— Looking for, (and found) something to quench my macabre nyctophobic thirst on an autumn night in London.
Answer: I partook. It was a morbidly entertaining and educational experience. I love London.
7. Umbrella’s of Cherbourg— Someone asked me if I’ve seen this Catherine Deneuve French film.
Answer: After the search, I tried to put a hold on it at the library. “Hold not allowed.” Damn the man!
8. ____ (a name)— search for the obituary of a relative who recently died an untimely death.
Answer: Very sad. Another victim of and accidental gun death.
9. Oil of oregano— a co-worker insists that taking this supplement would be a life changing cure all.
Answer: I’m not sure what she thinks is wrong with me, but I won’t be buying oil of oregano supplements.
10. Teenagers: what is their problem?— This is a frequent search. Looking for insight with regards to this enigma.
Answer: Hell if I know. Google this one again later.
11. Enigma— checking spelling
Answer: E not I
And now, I need to ask google— “Where are my keys?”
The Daily Post, 2015, Daily Prompt, Fright Night: What’s the thing you’re most scared to do? What would it take to get you to do it?<a href=”https://dailypost.wordpress.com/prompts/fright-night-2/”>Fright Night</a>